JOIN THE REVOLUTION IN HEALTHCARE. THERE IS A BETTER WAY.
Why work with Dr. Porter and Texas Direct Medical Care.
After joining the practice:
You get a primary care doctor with ER experience, who is a skilled troubleshooter that reads medical journals like most people binge watch Netflix! All in an urgent care facility with concierge level service.
You can call, email and text Dr. Porter for personal medical care and advice, anytime. You do not have to be sick or wait. He is always there to help! You can drop-in, make appointments, call, text, or video chat for all medical concerns, illnesses, injuries, or just to get advice on medical issues – every day of the year, including after hours and weekends.
All types of visits are included with membership. There are never any co-pays or deductibles to meet.
You get to avoid that sinking feeling in your stomach, when you see those medical bills come in the mail from that unexpected ER visit: one from the ER, another from the doctor, plus that random bill they send you just to see if you’ll pay it!
Traditional insurance charges up to $16,300 in deductibles, with co-pays for every visit, prescriptions, x-rays, and labs on top of significant monthly premiums. You can significantly reduce your costs and have much higher level of personal care with Dr. Porter.
WE ARE AVAILABLE FOR COVID-19, TELE-MED, & ON-CALL URGENT CARE
We treat Coronavirus early. Tele-medicine is always available with membership, and Dr. Porter will even do house calls for special circumstances (especially during the pandemic). Learn about COVID-19 and options for treatment we have for early treatment of “long-haulers”.
Testing: We have both PCR (can be billed to insurance) and Rapid Antigen tests available — $25 with membership and $75 for non-members.
Urgent Care: Urgent illnesses and injuries happen and are also available after hours and weekends with membership. For non-members, signing up for 3 months is 5-10 times cheaper than a single ER visit, and often cheaper than a single traditional urgent care visit. Follow up and tele-med visits are included without surprise fees, co-pays, or deductibles.
JOIN THE REVOLUTION IN HEALTHCARE. THERE IS A BETTER WAY.
How it works:
You have unlimited access to the clinic, similar to a gym membership with your doctor, available any time. We bypass high cost insurance and middlemen to bring you real medical care for a fraction of the cost. Your Urgent Care illnesses and injuries are usually evaluated and treated immediately on the same day. Between 80-90% of medical needs can be managed in our clinic without visiting an urgent care, emergency room, or hospital. Appointments may be brief or as long as needed. No one’s medical needs are rushed.
We have the time to practice medicine correctly. You can have a conversation with your physician without the wait or time constraints of traditional clinics. Your physician will spend more time with you than the computer. There are no restrictions for pre-existing medical conditions. And there are no insurance or Medicare administrators between you and the physician. Bring all of your concerns. There are no limits on what we can address in a visit.
We will help prevent unnecessary Emergency Room visits and expenses. If unsure if you are having an emergency, call us. We manage all urgent care cases – flu, strep throat, cuts, sprains and breaks. Most care is included in the subscription, even for urgent issues.
We also provide X-rays and lab tests at or near wholesale cost.
Your health and medical information is truly private and not part of larger insurance, corporate, or government databases.
You also get a complete annual physical without any time constraints.
- There are no co-pays. Any visit, call, email, or text is included in your monthly membership.
- We have always offered tele-med with membership
- Your annual costs are often less than 25% of the deductible of traditional insurance without co-pays or hidden fees, out of network costs, etc..
- Prescription medications, labs, and x-rays are deeply discounted at wholesale pricing and may be covered with an HSA/FSA (recommend checking with tax adviser).
- Common labs are $3-5 each, such as cholesterol, electrolytes, thyroid, and many other labs.
- Common X-rays are $50 each.
- Most routine procedures including joint and steroid injections are included.
- We bypass insurance or Medicare, allowing significant cost savings from deductible and co-pay fee-for-service plans. We removed the middlemen and pass along tremendous cost benefit.
- Your membership combined with major medical insurance (AKA catastrophic or hospital insurance), can often be less than the deductible of insurance plans, without the additional fees.
- In a traditional fee for service and insurance dominated practice, you pay for most additional items, and surprise bills may appear later in the mail. Everything is upfront at Texas Direct Medical Care.
Accepting Medicare Eligible: We take Medicare patients but do not bill Medicare. Your membership is a private contract with Texas Direct Medical Care, allowing unlimited visits and the time to review all concerns. Medicare does not cover the cost of our membership at this time.
Common Conditions Treated:
We treat most common chronic and acute conditions, including:
- Urgent Illnesses and Injuries
- Cuts, breaks, flu, strep, ear infections, and also COVID19 evaluations
- Diabetes, type 1 and 2
- Cholesterol and Heart Health
- Athletic and sports injuries
- Acne and other skin conditions
- Sports physicals
Major Medical and Hospital Care:
For hospitalizations, medical emergencies, intensive treatments, we recommend carrying a major medical insurance or belong to medical cost-sharing communities such as Sedera, Samaritan, Christian Healthcare Ministries, Zion, Solidarity, Medi-Share, and many others.
We are not insurance. We provide direct medical care for members of the practice.
Health Sharing Communities:
Several medical cost-sharing communities have discounts for membership with our clinic, both Faith-based and non-Faith based programs:
Independent Reviews and Patient Experiences: